When I was a kid I use to spend the few weeks before Halloween looking for the perfect costume. I would put sometime a special request to my mom so she could help me by sewing my ideas together.
To get into the spirit of Halloween, I did this special treat box for the before and after school boys I am looking after. I got this inspiration from a fellow consultant Sharon aka the Oki Stamp Queen.
Here is my project: A "Scary treat box". I had a lot of fun doing it as it was really easy with the Close to My Heart Artist and Artbooking Cricut cartridges.
If you want I can send you a kit for $6 + shipping or you can pick up if you live in Calgary.
The kit will have all pre-cut pieces and instruction (adhesive not include)
Here is what you need to complete this project
- 1 piece of cardboard 4 1/2" x 8" for the base *
- Cardstock : Black (2), White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, Sunset and Honey
- Clear Acetate to hold the skeleton together and the flying bats *
- Adhesive Spring
- Spider webb *
- Cricut Artiste Collection
- Cricut Artbooking Collection
- Cricut Art Philosophy
- Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up * (to cut the ghost) aslo and easy shape to cut by hand
- Adhesive of choice, Mini Glue Dots, 3-D foam, Tombow Mono Adhesive and Bonding Memories Glue
- Green spakles for the cat's eyes *
All products are Close to My Heart execpt when marked by a *
Here are the pieces that need to be cut with Cricut
- Page 76 - cut casket at 6" leave off the real dial size to make the lid and base of casket fit together perfectly.
- Page 76 - cut casket base at 5 3/4" to raise the skeleton and to make the hidden candy box. It will fit nicely inside.
- Page 76 - cut 1 cat 2"
- Page 76 - cut 1 skeleton at 5 1/2"
- Page 76 - cut 1 tombstone at 4 3/4"
- Page 68 - with the shift key, cut 2 - 2" flowers and 2- 2/4" flowers
- Page 56 - cut 7 leaves at 1"
Artbooking ( with the real dial size on)
- Page 70 cut 1 spider at 1"
- Page 71 cut "Boo" at 3/4"
- Page 71 cut "Beware" at 1/2"
- Page 71 cut 3 bats at 1/4"
Paper Doll Dress Up
- Page 49 cut 1 ghost at 3"